Module 13 & 14 Video Review

1. For both videos I learned several things. I learned that in order to be an Art Curator you must have a very open mind. In many cases the pieces you need to make your exhibit the best it can be, you don't necessarily like. However, you must work past this because you do not have the same taste and interests as every single person that will be viewing your exhibit. An exhibit also needs to have variety. Without variety the viewer's will get bored and not want to view your exhibit. It also is important to get a second opinion. When working on something so close and dear to your heart, you will not be able to see its mistakes. This means that you need to ask someone else to look at it to make sure it is the best it can be. I also learned how museums have so many pieces of art in storage. I had never realized that, I just thought the pieces got sent to another museum. I also enjoyed how the video touched on the fact that comics are art. Many people do not see this as that. they instead reduce comic books to the value of toys.

2. This really helped me in the creation of my art exhibit. At first I wanted to just include abstract art. However, these videos taught me that i must be more diverse in order to fully capture my theme and the audience's attention. An exhibit cannot just be the same thing presented over and over again. It also helped me fully grasp my theme. They allowed me to stop thinking so hard and instead think of topics that are important to me and my values.

3. I really enjoyed these videos. They gave me insight about a job that I did not even know existed. I might one day want to be an Art Curator myself. I like the idea that one person can create a link between so many diverse pieces, and bring not only ideas but people together. I know when I visit art museums some of the exhibits make me feel in ways I did not think I could feel. And pieces in the exhibits build upon one another to make that feeling even stronger. I hope to one day make a real exhibit of my own, that is able to make someone feel strongly about something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 1

Module 6 Video Review

Module 8 Video Review