Module 10 Video Review
1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose the videos, Buddhism and Hinduism, because I find these two very interesting. I also remember learning about them in high school. I always enjoyed the lessons about them and wished they were longer and more in depth.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
For the first video, Hinduism, I learned that Hinduism has been around for about 3000 years. Hindu's can worship anywhere, meaning they do not have to be in a church. Some rituals are focused on removing pain and are dedicated to their gods. Hinduism also focusing on letting go of things, emphasizing on the fact that you cannot take it with you once you die.
For the second video, Buddhism, I learned a lot. Buddhism began because the Prince who found it say all that was wrong in the world and was lost. He didn't know how the world could be so bad. I feel like many people can relate to this. I know especially when people are young they see all this wrong in the world and then start to question if anything is good. The Buddha sculpture is made to give a gentle vibe. He tells his followers to find their own way, however, he still gives a structure to Buddhism in order to help guide his followers.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
I always enjoy when we have videos based on the text. They allow me to remember the text better and have a better understanding of what the book was saying. They create a visual which stays in my memory and knowledge longer than if I had just read.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I enjoyed both videos. They gave me a better understanding of both Buddhism and Hinduism. Before this video and the reading I would always get the two mixed up. Now that I have the information and visual examples I will do much better at distinguishing between the two. I also like how the Buddhism video told about how the Prince felt helpless. I feel like so many people can relate to that. The fact that he was able to work past that helplessness and help millions of people provides hope.
Comments
Post a Comment