Module 9 Hand Drawing
1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I personally liked using my hand as subject matter for my drawing. I have recently tried to start drawing more, even though I am not the best, but I could never think of anything to draw. By drawing my hands I realized that there is inspiration everywhere. One could draw anything or even nothing and it could be art. Art is what you make it.
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I selected a pencil for my drawing. I am not the best at drawing. In fact I am kind of horrible. So, i thought pencil would be best to work with because it can erase. However, I did not erase as much in my piece. Instead, I tried to incorporate my mistakes into it and make it more interesting.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
At first I thought drawing with my left hand was going to be impossible. I can barely draw with my right hand, so I was wondering how bad this study was going to turn out. However, I was shocked with the results. When I drew with my left hand I was more forgiving with myself. I allowed myself to make mistakes and then in return use those mistakes to make the whole thing better overall. When I used my left hand there was less pressure to be perfect, and more focus on having fun.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I believe that between my two hands, the one I drew with my left hand looks better. I personally like abstract and messy pieces of art. I feel as if when a piece is abstract one most take more time and in return think more about it. This makes the viewer have a deeper appreciation in it, and even come up with their own take on the piece. I do think they were successful studies because they opened up my eye to a new way to create.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
Yes I would most definitely consider using my left hand to create again. I had so much fun with this, and was genuinely surprised with how it came out. I am excited to see how it would look if I painted with my left hand.

Comments
Post a Comment