Art Making 2
Final Logo:
Sketches:
1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
When first finding out that I had to create a logo that represents me, I was nervous. I drew a blank and took all week to simply think about what to do. I could not think of something that would represent all that I am, in such a small thing.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
When first creating logos, I could only think to use my name or my initials. It was the only way I could make people easily know it was to represent me. So my first sketch uses the idea of how our brains sort of connects the dots for us when we are missing information. I didn't completely write the RT instead I put sections that would put the brain to work. The second sketch brought out the lightbulb idea. I remember when I was young I would always draw lightbulbs for some reason. I liked how they symbolized an idea being created. The third and fourth sketches combined the movement of ones eye with paint. (I realized I couldn't draw very well). I used water paints and just put water on the paper in a shape of an R. I had hoped the paint would travel around the water. My final sketch was by far my favorite. I finally got out of the idea that I had to have my name involved. I cut out a lightbulb shape and splatted paint around it. I then splatted yellow just in the center. This represents me because it shows creativity. The paint splatters outside of the shape, showing one thinking outside of the box. The yellow symbolizes a new idea, or a bright beginning. Overall, I a happy with my final logo.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
The most important discovery I made while creating my logo was that it is okay that I took so long to figure it out. Because I took so long, I had time to think through every part f my logo. I was able to give each element of it meaning, and make it special to me.
When first creating logos, I could only think to use my name or my initials. It was the only way I could make people easily know it was to represent me. So my first sketch uses the idea of how our brains sort of connects the dots for us when we are missing information. I didn't completely write the RT instead I put sections that would put the brain to work. The second sketch brought out the lightbulb idea. I remember when I was young I would always draw lightbulbs for some reason. I liked how they symbolized an idea being created. The third and fourth sketches combined the movement of ones eye with paint. (I realized I couldn't draw very well). I used water paints and just put water on the paper in a shape of an R. I had hoped the paint would travel around the water. My final sketch was by far my favorite. I finally got out of the idea that I had to have my name involved. I cut out a lightbulb shape and splatted paint around it. I then splatted yellow just in the center. This represents me because it shows creativity. The paint splatters outside of the shape, showing one thinking outside of the box. The yellow symbolizes a new idea, or a bright beginning. Overall, I a happy with my final logo.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
The most important discovery I made while creating my logo was that it is okay that I took so long to figure it out. Because I took so long, I had time to think through every part f my logo. I was able to give each element of it meaning, and make it special to me.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
The most important thing I learned from the videos, I that its all right not to have all of the answers. Meaning, these professionals took several tries to meet the clients needs. These tries also better the final project. They allow all of the bugs to be worked out. The powerpoint and readings also helped me have a better understanding of what logos are. I had no idea to what event logos could be. I really liked both the videos and the readings. They allowed me to realize all of the different types of logos that I see everyday, and do not notice.
Comments
Post a Comment